02 April 2012

Insuring our future

A post from Off the Couch by Kyle MacDonald
I hate insurance.  Always have.  Seems like the biggest rort in the history of the Universe.  I give you money, and you give some of it back to me if some pre-agreed bad thing happens.  And if I do claim, you charge me more.
It is a necessary evil, but it bugs me.  I think it started when an insurance salesman said to me “But you have to think about what happens, if you lose EVERYTHING!”  All I could think to say was, “No I don’t.”  It seems wise to generally not think about that.
ACC is not insurance.  It’s a public compensation scheme.  Big difference, and one of the other main reasons why people get so upset when they don’t receive their entitled payouts...
Click here to read more.

http://psychotherapy.org.nz/insuring-our-future/

No comments:

Post a Comment