28 March 2012

Question to Minister

4. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister for ACC: Does she stand by her answers to all supplementary questions to Oral Questions No. 2 and No. 9 yesterday?



Hon JUDITH COLLINS (Minister for ACC): Yes.
Hon Trevor Mallard: Was the email she received from Michelle Boag received on the basis of a confidentiality undertaking from her to Boag, and if so, what are the details of that undertaking?
Hon JUDITH COLLINS: I raise a point of order, Mr Speaker. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner contacted my office this morning and advised that it is now investigating this matter. I am quite happy to answer the question in the normal course of events, but I am a bit concerned that it might interfere with the Privacy Commissioner’s work.
Mr SPEAKER: The Minister needs to make her own judgment about how she answers the question in relation to that. I invite her to answer the question in so far as she feels it appropriate.
Hon JUDITH COLLINS: The answer is no, and, as I have always said, if anyone thinks their privacy has been abused, certainly by my office, they should make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. I understand that the Privacy Commissioner is now investigating. I welcome that investigation. I have been advised that it might well include some forensic investigation of computer records, and, again, I welcome that.
Hon Trevor Mallard: What explanation, if any, did the Prime Minister give her for having to “directly ask her on two occasions” whether she was involved in leaking Ms Pullar’s name?
Hon JUDITH COLLINS: None.
Hon Trevor Mallard: Did she or any of her staff discuss the contents of the Boag email with Simon Lusk?
Hon JUDITH COLLINS: No.
Hon Trevor Mallard: Did she or any of her staff discuss the systemic privacy issues that Boag and Pullar raised with her with Simon Lusk?
Hon JUDITH COLLINS: No.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA1203/S00357.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment