15 April 2011

Robert Stewart on Peter Jansen defamation action

A press release from Robert Stewart of Izard Weston
Dr Jansen makes the following comment:
"It is my belief, supported by independent legal advice, that I have been defamed. All that I am seeking is for the offending comments to be withdrawn and for a public apology to be issued. Money has never been an issue, this is about my professional reputation. If that redress is provided, I will of course halt the legal action that I have initiated as a private citizen."
Dr Jansen also categorically denies the accusation made by Carmel Sepuloni MP in the House yesterday that he “accessed private information about a victim of sexual abuse and used it to initiate legal action”. He has asked the Chief Executive of ACC to initiate a review of the Corporation’s records to confirm this.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK1104/S00417/robert-stewart-on-peter-jansen-defamation-action.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment