23 February 2011

Progress report – through the looking glass

A blog post from Off the Couch by Kyle MacDonald
When I wrote the last “Off the Couch” I was optimistic. We had just received a very supportive and clear Independent review and it seemed unthinkable that ACC could do anything but simply follow the recommendations, and implement it’s suggestions.
I’m not stupid, but I now realise I have been very naive.
So what has changed? Nothing, really. Sorry to report, but other than the sixteen sessions, which was implemented prior to the review being released, nothing substantial has changed. The Sensitive Claims Unit now seems to be easier to deal with, people have been able to access sixteen sessions of “support”, we have some new forms, but when it comes to the issue of diagnosis, and the inappropriate interpretation and implementation of the legislation, nothing has changed. And to receive treatment beyond the sixteen sessions? Back to the “new pathway” I’m afraid.
Click here to read the rest of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment