17 July 2010

Survivor satire

A comment from the SOSA blog by Vee
Wow, ACC gets to have a 10 year recovery journey and we get to fund it - rather ironic isn't it.
I was thinking about how we should be showing our solidarity by 'coming out' as survivors and getting some badges made up and wearing them - to support each other but also to have the message about what ACC is doing more in people's faces.
Anyway, having the rather warped sense of humour that I do, I came up with the following and thought I would share as someone might get a smile out of what is such a crap situation. They are very scarcastic and so I apologise in advance if anyone finds them offensive!
Here goes:
"Not only did I survive sexual trauma but I survived ACC's new 'clinical pathway' too."
OR
"My mental injury is PTSD. What's yours?"
OR
"I'm mentally injured. What's ACC's excuse?"
OR
"I wish I could pick and choose which bills I got to pay like ACC gets to pick and choose which DSM IV illnesses they get to fund."
OK and last but not least
"I'm doubly lucky because I got fucked by ACC and a child molester."
Can anyone else think of any?
http://gfrerichs.typepad.com/sashui/2010/07/acc-forecasts-surplus-of-22-billion.html?cid=6a00e54ef0a44688330133f256265d970b#comment-6a00e54ef0a44688330133f256265d970b

No comments:

Post a Comment