19 May 2010

ACC - Clinical Pathway to Lala Land

A blog entry from K1W1 by Jax
Like a few people I imagine, I'm pretty much playing "catch up" on the ole ACC saga. Sure, I saw the protests on TV some months back and yeah, I've heard rumbles from some about the "hideous" recommendations, but I never really thought more about it until I flicked through emails sent to me by another member.
Within two days of sifting through her copious emails I was livid. She's not a reporter but she sure as hell could give some of our current ones a run for their money. She's a nurse, a psych nurse, and she's deadly passionate about the changes not only in the legislation but in the effect it's having on those close to her. This is a woman who entered into the health profession with a sense of pride and today, she's "gutted" by her own health professional's unethical decisions. In short, she feels ashamed of them.
Read the rest of this entry at http://k1w1jax.blogspot.com/2010/05/acc-clinical-pathway-to-lala-land.html

1 comment:

  1. Please post this letter addressed to the ACC SCU unit on your web.

    http://k1w1jax.blogspot.com/2010/05/letter-to-world.html#comments

    The more than hear about the "actual" ground level experience of those having to go through this inhumane process, the better!

    ReplyDelete